More than 3,000 attendees from across the nation and abroad attend the annual ASA Aging in America Conference to learn, network and participate in the largest multidisciplinary conference covering issues of aging and quality of life for older adults.
The conference is for professionals in the field of aging and for the general public. Also, volunteers are needed to help with the conference. Volunteers are given 50 percent off the registration fee and access to the entire conference.
The conference allows attendees to connect with others in the field of aging because every year the conference brings together some of the most respected leaders in the field of aging.
The five days of conference activities include:
- Morning exercise programs
- A national forum on family caregiving
- A symposium on Alzheimer’s research
- A national forum on LGBT aging
- A session on access to affordable treatments
- Site visits to local services such as the Heartland Housing and Center on Halsted Town Hall Apartments.
Early registration gets attendees a 10 percent discount on the registration price. Early registration ends Jan. 31. For more information, visit http://asaging.org/.