Statewide experts will be available at a family caregivers workshop scheduled for 9 a.m. to noon, Friday, Sept. 4.
The workshop will provide information about dementia and caregiving and will provide an opportunity to reflect, regenerate and gain a new perspective on caregiving issues.
Experts who specialize in aging and Alzheimer’s care will present topics that are valuable to family caregivers for those with dementia.
• Dr. Greg Jicha with the Alzheimer’s Disease Research Center at the University of Kentucky;
• Julia Johnson, social worker, Sanders-Brown Center on Aging at UK:
• Regina Goodman, clinical social worker/therapist;
• Stephanie Freeman, memory care navigator, Baptist Health and
• April L. Stauffer, community outreach coordinator, Alzheimer’s Association.
Join the workshop via ZOOM. Register at 1-800-272-3900.
The event is being held in partnership with The Alzheimer’s Association – Greater Kentucky and Southern Indiana Chapter, Baptist Health Medical Group Neurology and the Bluegrass Area Agency on Aging and Independent Living.