The Charles Young Center offers Lexington seniors exercise opportunities to keep them healthy mentally and physically
The Senior Center at Charles Young Center, 540 E. Third Street, offers a number of programs to keep seniors healthy – mentally and physically.
Here’s a schedule of just some of what’s offered:
- Wii U Fit Sessions: Participants work individually with the Wii controller. Monday 10:30–11:30 a.m.
- Tai Chi: This class helps participants focus on breathing, posture, and strengthening and lengthening muscles. Wednesdays and Fridays 12:15–1 p.m.
- Bodies in Balance: Physical fitness for those who wish to improve muscle tone and flexibility. Mondays and Fridays 9:30-10:30 a.m.
- Pickleball: Join in this fun doubles game. It is a combination of racquetball, table tennis, badminton, tennis and squash. Played in the gymnasium with a wiffleball and wooden paddle. Wednesday 10 a.m.–noon and Fridays 11 a.m.–noon
- Gym Walking: If you want to walk in a controlled atmosphere, come to the CYC Gym and walk in comfort. Wednesdays from 9:15–10:00 a.m.
The center is open 9 a.m. – 1 p.m., Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays. Call (859) 246-0281 to learn more about the many programs that are available.