Although the Lexington Senior Center is closed to visitors, it is still offering some programming and help for seniors.
* The staff is available to take calls Monday – Friday from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. Have a question or concern? Call 859-278-6072.
* Need help with technology? Or would you like to borrow a tablet? Call Justin Halvorson at 859-278-6072.
* Want to participate in the aging support group? It’s meeting via Zoom and Amanda Patrick can get you signed up. Call her at 859-278-6072.
* Interested in receiving a Dyna-Band resistance band and a small stress ball to assist with your home exercise? Contact Wendy at 859-278-6072 ext. 7560.
* Need lunch a couple of days a week? The drive-thru lunch meals are being offered at the Senior Center on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 11— 11:45 a.m. The center is currently averaging 65-70 meals distributed to clients on each of these two days. If you are not signed up for nutrition, but want to participate in the drive-thru lunch, you must contact Emily at 859-278-6072 to get signed up.
* And speaking of eating, if you need help getting groceries (rides to the store, God’s Pantry, etc.) or medications, ITNBluegrass can assist you free of charge. We can also work with the Friends of the Lexington Senior Center to pick up your online grocery order from the store! Call us at 252-8665.
* Also, the Friends of the Lexington Senior Center want to help support you being Healthy at Home! If you want to place an online click-list order, but don’t have the internet, you can work with a volunteer over the phone to complete an online grocery order. For more information, call the Senior Center at 859-278-6072.
* There is no reason to feel isolated or lonely while you are at home right now. There are people available to reach out to you and help with daily phone calls for a week, a month or a lifetime. This program helps to build lasting friendships. If you want to get a friendly call from a volunteer to check in on you and have a nice chat, you just need to sign up with A Caring Place to use their telephone outreach. Call 368-2656 today to get connected with a volunteer that wants to talk to you!