As it starts getting cold outside, the staff at the Lexington Senior Center suggests keeping these basic winter safety tips in mind:
* Stay indoors when possible (or don’t stay outside for too long).
* Keep your home at a comfortable temperature.
* Stay dry because wet clothing chills your body more quickly.
* Dress smart Layer up! Wearing two or three thinner layers of loose-fitting clothing is warmer than a single layer of thick clothing.
* Essential winter wear: Hats, gloves, winter coat, boots, and a scarf to cover your mouth and nose.