ITNBluegrass, which provides transportation to seniors and people with visual impairments, operates anywhere in Fayette and Northern Jessamine Counties.
Some of the service characteristics include:
- Available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
- Available for any type of ride within the service area, with no limitations on ride purpose
- Rides are provided in private automobiles by trained drivers
- People 60 years and older, and adults with visual impairments are eligible to join
- Rides may be booked at any time; discounts are applied for shared rides and advance notice
- Share a ride and receive a 20% discount
- Give us a call to find out if you live within our operating radius
The membership-based organization has an annual membership fee of $50 for individuals and $65 for a family membership.
Currently ITNBluegrass is seeking volunteer drivers. Training is available by calling Laura at 859-351-0460. All trainings are held in the conference room at the ITNBluegrass office, which is located at 1206 N Limestone Street, inside Arlington Christian Church. Parking is in the back of the church.
Qualifications sought for volunteer drivers:
- Valid KY driver’s license, at least 22 years old with a minimum of three years driving experience. Upper age limit is 78 years
- Acceptable record of safe driving and clean criminal history check
- Proof of liability insurance for vehicle and current registration
- Personal references from three non-relatives
- Not taking drugs/medications that caution users against driving. Not taking insulin for diabetes (controlling diabetes with diet/pills okay) or experiencing seizures
- Ability to lift wheelchairs and walkers, and carry packages up to 25 lbs
For more information, visit www.itnbluegrass.org or call 859-252-8665.Like t