While many people are at home more, some household items are used more than usual causing them to breakdown and need repairs.
A recent story in the Aging News from the Bluegrass Area Agency on Aging & Independent Living said the CDC (Centers for Disease Control) has made these recommendations for having someone come into your home for repairs and maintenance.
1. If you or someone in your household is sick or been exposed to COVID-19- delay all emergency repairs.
2. Ask what kind of safety precautions the provider has put in place.
3. Ask anyone entering your home to wear a mask and offer a mask if they do not have one.
4. Complete as much of the consultation as possible before the visit or outside.
5. After the visit, wash your hands for at least 20 seconds; clean and disinfect any surfaces touched by service provider