The Alzheimer’s Association continues to provide services for caregivers caring for persons with dementia.
To comply with the governor’s regulations, rather than meeting in person, caregiver support groups have transitioned to meeting by phone or virtually.
Support groups create a safe, confidential, supportive community and a chance for participants to develop mutual support and social relationships.
They also educate and inform participants about dementia and help participants develop methods and skills to solve problems.
Upcoming caregiver support groups by phone include:
• Tuesday, April 27- 4-5pm EDT/3-4pm CDT
• Thursday, April 29- Noon-1pm EDT/11am-noon CDT
• Thursday, April 29- 3:30-4:30pm EDT/2:30-3:30pm CDT
Upcoming support groups that can be accessed virtually and by phone include:
• Monday, April 5- 6-7pm EDT/5-6pm CDT
• Thursday, April 8- 10:30am-11:30am EDT/9:30-10:30am CDT
• Thursday, April 15- 1-2pm EDT/12-1pm CDT
• Monday, April 19- 4:30-5:30pm EDT/3:30-4:30pm CDT
• Monday, April 19- 6-7pm EDT/5-6pm CDT
• Tuesday, April 20- 4-5pm EDT/3-4pm CDT
Upcoming Early Stage Support Groups for Persons with Dementia & Their Caregivers: Call 1-800-272-3900 for more details.
To register for these groups, please call the Alzheimer’s Association’s 24/7 Helpline at 1-800-272-3900.